Help the DA to keep the lights on
If our country and our economy are to survive the worsening electricity crisis, we must work together and act now. Please make a donation towards the DA’s efforts in government and in Parliament to free us from Eskom and keep the lights on.
Make a donation towards the DA’s efforts to solve the electricity crisis:
The DA makes use of Peach Payments to process this transaction securely. The DA itself does not capture or retain your credit card information in this process.
- The DA-led City of Cape Town has been building reserves to help reduce the impact of higher stages of rolling blackouts (shielding residents from one stage of load shedding during the first few months of this year.)
- DA-led municipalities, such as Stellenbosch and Saldanha Bay, are working to be free from Eskom’s monopoly and have begun the process of procuring electricity from independent power producers.
- In seeking solutions to the energy crisis, DA Johannesburg Mayor, Dr Mpho Phalatse, has hosted an Energy Indaba so that Joburg can work on becoming less reliant on Eskom.
- DA Ekurhuleni Mayor, Tania Campbell, has also been working to free Ekurhuleni from rolling blackouts. Her team has contracted 46 private producers to generate additional renewable energy for the city.
In Parliament we have been:
- Calling for a national state of emergency to be declared in the electricity sector.
- Pushing government to allow for the emergency procurement of new electricity generation from independent power producers, without all the red tape.
- Pushing the national energy regulator to make it easier for home users and small businesses to install their own electricity generation capacity, with incentives (such as tax rebates).
If our country and our economy are to survive the worsening electricity crisis, we must work together and act now.